The West African Examination Council Government past questions and answers PDF is available for download. See how to get the PDF copy now. Every year, before the WAEC Government examination, a lot of people make searches related to past question and in this article, we would provide questions gathered from different years that would help you to be well prepared for the next WAEC Government examination.
WAEC Government examination past question and answer can be used by both private and school candidates. It is very easy to pass the WAEC Examination in one sitting and one of the secrets to achieving that is via using past questions and answers to practcie.
The West African Examination Council GCE examination is around the corner and all those who would be writing Government are advised to start practicing with the questions outlined below. If the questions outlined in this article are not enough, then visit the official WAEC website to get more questions.
It is important that you have a sample of the government’s past questions and answers because it might come in handy before getting a full copy of the past question. WAEC examination would soon commence and those who would write Government as their subjects should ensure that they practice ahead.
WAEC Government Past Questions & Answer
Below is a list of some WAEC Government past questions that one can use to practice ahead for the upcoming examination:
1. The constitutional power given to the judiciary to interpret legislative acts, executive, and administrative actions to declare its constitutionality or otherwise is
a. judicial power b. separation of power c. judicial review d. administrative processes
2. The ultimate duty of a citizen is to demonstrate his/her
a. allegiance to the sovereign b. loyalty to the state c. respect for the national flag d. contribution to government expenditure
3. Conventions and usages are rules based on
a. traditions and customs b. previous constitutions c. legal documents d. decisions of commoners
4. The body responsible for the execution of the policies of government is the
a. Pressure group b. Civil Service c. Constitutional Conference d. Electoral Commission
5. The electorate is defined as
a. Intended candidates for voting b. elected party members c. elected civil society group d. citizens that are qualified to vote
6. The right to govern and administer the affairs of the people of a country is
a. Power b. diplomacy c. authority d. influence
7. One of the following is a characteristic of a unitary government
a. Heterogeneous society b. Homogeneous Society c. Communal Society d. Feudal Society
8. The mass type of part is
a. broad-based b. capitalist c. feudalist d. conservative
9. Who among the following provided the detailed work on sovereignty
a. Jean Bodin b. Fredrick Engels c. Bolaji Akinyemi d. Thomas Hobbes
10. The family and peer groups are important agents of
a. political culture b. political socialization c. charismatic authority d. traditional authority
11. The confederal system of government is unpopular because
a. the government operates oligarchy system b. it does not follow due process c. it discourages rapid development d. all the component units are sovereign
12. Local government is relevant because it provides political
a. discussion among electorate b. discipline among party members c. representation in the judiciary d. participation at the grassroots.
13. Pressure groups provide
a. Manifestoes for political parties b. sponsorship of candidates for political office c. aims and objectives for a wider appeal to the electorate d. means by which governments ascertain public reactions to their policies
14. The authority of the state is collectively exercised by the
a. executive, legislature, and judiciary b. president, governor and chairman c. police, army and navy d. government, people and the civil servants.
15. In a presidential system of government legislative approval is not necessary for the
a. appointment of Supreme Court judges b. ratification of treaties c. granting of pardons d. appointment of civil servants.
Now that you have gotten the complete questions, ensure that you try and practice ahead of the next WAEC examination or GCE examination. You can visit the WAEC official website to get more questions that you can use to practice also, there is a marking scheme on the WAEC website so take note of that.
If you want the full PDF copy of these past questions then drop your request in the comment section below.