Did you participate in the 2022 admission screening exercise for the institution of your choice and want to learn how to accept or reject admission on the Joint Admission Matriculation Board(JAMB) Central Admission Processing System(CAPS)? This article would guide you on how to reject and accept admission and also check your admission status.
Accepting admission to JAMB CAPS is very mandatory and once you have been admitted on CAPS, then your name would be on the admission list of the institution you applied for once it is released. The 2022 Jamb examination is around the corner and those participating should take note of the procedures outlined in this article because they would use it when trying to check their status on the Central Admission Processing System.
The 2022 Admission process has commenced for most institutions and many have uploaded the admission list on the JAMB CAPS portal. You can check if your institution has released its own admission list on the portal by following the instructions outlined here.
What Is JAMB CAPS?
JAMB CAPS is an acronym that stands for the Joint Admission Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing system and it is used by JAMB to process admission for post utme candidates. With JAMB CAPS, students who are eligible would immediately be expected to accept or reject admission and once you have accepted admission, then you would now have to wait for the University you are applying for to release the official list and guide you on what to do next.
How To ACCEPT OR REJECT Admission On JAMB CAPS
If you want to check your admission status, accept or reject admission on JAMB Central Admission Processing System, then follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Jamb efacility portal portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
- Input your email address and password and click on login
- Locate and click on the Check Admission Status tab
- A new screen would appear so click on Admission status
- Locate and click on the Search button in front of your JAMB reg number
- Once your profile appears, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Accept Admission or Reject Admission.
What To Do After You Have Accepted Admission
If you were offered admission and you accepted, then print the JAMB admission letter and wait for the school of your choice to upload the list on their portal. If you were given admission in another course that you are not comfortable with, then you can apply for a Jamb change of course or you can apply for a change of institution immediately.
What To Do If You Have Not Been Offered Admission
If you have not been offered or you are seeing Sorry No Admission Yet then it might be any of the following below:
- You are yet to upload your O’level result to the JAMB portal so visit any approved JAMB CBT center and upload it right now..
- Your school has not yet sent the list of successful candidates to JAMB for uploading.
- Finally, your name might not be on the list so ensure that you check frequently because your name might appear in the next list that Jamb sends to school.
Please subscribe to our mailing list and follow our social media pages so as to be informed or updated once we publish articles like this.